Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Start Date: After 2019 Summer Nationals
A new fencing club in Orlando, FL is looking for a full time assistant coach. We are currently a one weapon club (foil) that teaches fencing to both youth and adults, competitive and recreational. We are in the process of offering Epee class, as well. Orlando Fencing Academy prides itself on its high school fencing team development by creating the first high school fencing team in the state of Florida and working on the second team. We are unique in the sense that the majority of our members are U19, ranging from K – 12 with school affiliation. The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested in growing our program. We are looking for candidates who consider themselves as teacher more so than being a sports coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: run weekly classes, give one-on-one lessons, be available to travel and strip coach on some weekends, help run camps and clinics, and assist in growing the club. There is flexibility with the club to grow at whatever pace the right candidate is able.
• Running or assisting all the classes according to the schedule (2:00 PM ~ 8:00 PM during the weekdays, 10:00 AM ~ 1:00 PM on Saturday)
• Travel with the team, coach on the strip
• Other club/team related activities
• College Degree (Associate or higher)
• 5+ years of fencing experience
• 2+ years of coaching in epee and foil
• Certifications in CPR and basic 1st Aid
• Current Coach membership with USA Fencing (or the ability to complete membership with clean background check and Safe Sport compliance)
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sung YIm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials should include your philosophy of coaching and what you consider to be a highlight of your coaching and fencing experiences.
You may also mail materials to:
Orlando Fencing Academy
2153-B W Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32804
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Job Posted April 1, 2019