Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
FC is seeking to hire an Executive Director (ED) that shall lead a small team that is responsible to help the Club achieve its mission and financial objectives.
The ED will be, in many respects, the face of the organization, communicating and interfacing regularly with athlete members, parents, coaches, and the public, and shall collaborate and answer to the Board of Directors.
The Club is seeking to have the new ED perform some and/or all of the functions of the Club's former long-time Executive Director, who voluntarily resigned following eleven years of dedicated service to the Club. The former Executive Director has agreed to continue working with the Club in a transition and in a consulting basis.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic team player who will actively promote an inclusive Club culture and advance the health and safety of the Club. The new ED will work with the Board to determine the optimal management structure for the Club.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Provide leadership & vision & administer FC’s daily operations & physical space
● Solicit advice & guidance as appropriate
● Fiscal management of FC
● Develop, implement, & promote FC’s programs & services
● Manage and supervise FC’s employees and contractors
● Responsible for fundraising initiatives & key sponsor relations
● Oversee FC’s marketing plan & public relations assets
● Help manage FC’s relationship with the PWF
● Effectively communicate with members and community and USFA
● Maintain FC’s compliance with federal, state & local regulations, and with Safe Sport requirements
● Promote policies, procedures & programs that provide equal access & opportunity & creates an organizational culture that recognizes diversity
● BA/BS preferred, and/or relevant management experience
● Experience with fencing
● strategic planning and change management expertise
● creative thinker
● fundraise & grant writing
● marketing strategies
● managing organizational growth and change
Please send resumes and personal statements to: EDposition@fencersclub.org
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
About Fencers Club
Fencers Club (est. 1883), a 501(c)(3) NPO educational organization, is the oldest, fencing program in the Western Hemisphere. In 2012, FC was named as 1 of 9 USOC Community Olympic Development Programs.
Our accomplishments include 63 Olympians (including medalists), 14 current World Team members.
FC is home to 500 active members ages 8 to 80+. Our programs promote mental and physical well-being among several diverse populations from across NYC’s 5 Boroughs.
The FC Foundations for Excellence (FCFE) is comprised of 4 core programs: Schools Partnership, Military Veterans On Guard, Scholarship Program, and Opportunities Beyond. In all, our programs touch 1,000 individuals annually.
The FC has an active, large Board that works closely with FC managers and staff to support the programs, finances, welfare, and environment well being of the Club. Our primary revenue sources are membership dues, donations, grants & program fees.
See our website for more information.
Date Posted: November 23, 2020
Get your free Kids Guide to the Tokyo Olympics. Over 100 pages of games, puzzles, trivia and more!Download