The Regional Coordinator (RC) is an invaluable part of the Regional Tournament structure. They are familiar with the unique characteristics of their particular Region; understand the logistics of the venues and regional resources and have existing relationships with the organizers and the membership in the areas they oversee. Some Regions have one RC and others have more based on the logistical practicalities of where the tournaments are located. This regionally responsive approach allows the RC to be truly knowledgeable about and accessible to the Organizers they oversee. This is a two year volunteer position.
1) Serve as the liaison between the Regional Manager at the National Office and the region’s membership, parents, club owners, event organizers and coaches by:
a. Providing support pre and post tournaments as needed
b. Disseminating important information as needed
c. Maintaining an accurate working knowledge of the Regional Tournament requirements and Qualification Paths
d. Managing, along with the Regional Manager, the oversight and review of regional tournaments
3) Must be a current Professional Member of USA Fencing
USA Fencing Responsibilities:
1. Provide each Regional Coordinator with banners and other marketing tools for events in their region.
2. Provide up to date information on qualifying paths as well as important updates throughout the season.
3. USA Fencing will provide the selected Regional Coordinator with a paid Professional Membership during the two year appointment.
4. Each selected Regional Coordinator will receive a USA Fencing jacket, with the new logo, to keep and wear to region events.
Interested applicants should complete the on-line bid application found at (http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/0UE6VKd1qI0MW ). If you have any questions concerning the RC position, please contact Jennie Salmon (email@example.com).