Who can vote?
- Board of Directors and Hall of Fame: Any USA Fencing member age 18 or older in good standing as of Feb. 1, 2024, and who belongs to a membership class that includes the right to vote is eligible to vote. Eligible membership classes are Life, Competitive, Collegiate Competitive, Supporting, Access, Olympian Life, Paralympian Life, Life Installment and Coach.
- Referees' Commission: Licensed referees who have worked as referees at at least two North American Cup; Summer Nationals and July Challenge; National Junior, Senior or Wheelchair Championship; or international events during the 2021-22, 2022-23, or 2023-24 seasons.
Who cannot vote?
Anyone who doesn't meet the criteria above. For the Board and Hall of Fame elections, this might include members who became USA Fencing members after Feb. 1, 2024, or parents of youth members with valid memberships.
What's being voted on?
Voters will be asked to vote in two different elections — and a third if they're an eligible referee. Voters will be given the option to abstain from any of the elections for which they're eligible.
- Board of Directors: Two At-Large Directors to be elected (plus one to be appointed)
- Hall of Fame, Class of 2025
- Referees' Commission: Four positions to be elected
How will the election work?
- Board of Directors: To determine which of the candidates will be elected into the two open seats, voting will be conducted using a preferential voting system. In August of 2020, the USA Fencing Bylaws were amended to change the method of voting in elections to use this style of voting. Voters rank the candidates in order of preference. The two candidates who receive the best combined ranking across will earn seats on the Board.
- Hall of Fame: Majority vote
- Referees' Commission: Majority vote
How will I receive my ballot?
Eligible voters will receive their ballot by email through eBallot. Each voter will receive a unique voting link.
What if I think I'm eligible to vote but never received a ballot?
If you've reviewed the eligibility information above and believe you should have received a ballot, email us at email@example.com. Include your member number and first and last name in the email.