A highly functioning Board of Directors for a non-profit organization such as USA Fencing is a critical part of ensuring that the sport of fencing will grow, prosper and effectively serve its members.
The performance of the board is intimately linked to the board’s membership and their skills and understanding of the role of board members in a high performing non-profit.
The Role Includes, but is not limited to:
1. Shaping a clear direction for the nonprofit through its mission, strategy, and key policies.
2. Ensure that the leadership, resources, and finances in place are commensurate with that vision.
3. Monitoring performance and ensuring prompt corrective action when needed.
The Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Attending and being available for board calls and meetings.
2. Completing necessary work to be prepared for board meetings.
3. Leading and serving on committees.
4. It is a goal to have 100% board giving. It is highly suggested that Board Members personally donate or help directly to raise funds for USA Fencing.
We are seeking individuals with exceptional talents in one or more of the skill sets below, including, but not limited to:
1. A track record of tangible and measurable achievement in non-profit board management.
2. Fundraising experience.
3. Financial management.
4. Strong network of resources within and without the sport.
5. Marketing and Public relations.
Best Practices of Successful Boards: